Thursday, October 20, 2011

The countdown is on...

So our trip across the pond is getting very very close, like 48 hours close!  Emily and I decided that a blog would be a great way for us to  share our "wild and wonderful life" adventures with everyone.  We are so excited to leave, I expected a little more nerves but so far we just have excitment.  The hardest part of creating this blog was deciding on the title...lol.   However tonight at dinner I (Mark) just spouted out "our wild and wonderful life."  "Wild and wonderful" because our our WV roots, and "life" because of what we want to experience on this adventure.  Our wonderful friends Keith and Holly Hoover bought us a magnet that had a quote on it that has become our motto for this trip.  The quote is "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."  How appropriate, and Emily and I have really taken this to heart.  My prayer is that we can help those in need, and that our lives are changed for the better, but most of all, that God is glorified in everything that we say and do.  So with all that said, make sure that you follow us on this blog while we are gone so that we can all experience this together!  It's time for life to begin!!

So....What Mark forgot to tell you is that we are going to AFRICA!  We will be traveling to Bomet, Kenya and doing medical missions at Tenwek hospital.  Mark will be working as a Physical Therapist in the rehab department, and I will be completing two of my PA school rotations at the hospital.  Mark will be in Kenya for 4 weeks, and I will be staying for eight.  My classmate Kelly McDonald will also be with us on this journey so I'm sure you will be hearing a lot about her as well.  As Mark said, we hope that this trip is life changing.  We hope that we learn to be consistently grateful for all the blessings that the Lord has given us.  We hope to learn that more is not always better.  And we hope to learn what it is to live outside of our comfort zone.  We haven't even left the states yet and God has already revealed himself to us.  We have been so touched by the generosity of family and friends that have given us the financial means to seize this opportunity.  So please follow us on this journey as we share how God is working in Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment